Introduction to « metagenomic technologies » webinar
A webinar on "Metagenomic Technologies " was held online on December 14th. The objective was to present a general overview of metagenomic technologies and their applications in the field of emerging diseases. This webinar was intended for all the beneficiaries of the MediLabSecure project, regardless of their technical abilities.
During the webinar, various speakers presented a broad range of metagenomic technologies and their applications such as, Microarrays, Next Generation Sequencing and web-based bioinformatic tools. Then, the last part of the workshop was dedicated to show an example of sequencing application on the field. The webinar ended up by questions that emerged from the 97 participants representing all expertise and the 22 participating countries.
Agenda of the webinar:
- 10:00h: Presentation of the webinar
- 10:10-10:40h: Metagenomics in the field of emerging infectious diseases: overview and applications (Natacha Monge Gomes Do Couto)
- 10:45-11:00h: A Pan-virus microarray for metagenomic analysis (Miguel Ángel Jiménez)
- 11:05-11:35h: Next Generation Sequencing for the detection of emerging viruses (Aurelia Kwasiborski)
- 11:40-12:00h: INSaFLU-TELEVIR: an open web-based bioinformatics suite for metagenomic virus detection and routine genomic surveillance (Joana Isidro)
- 12:05-12:25h: Metagenomics in the field: the Afroscreen project (Estelle Madaha)